In a world exclusive, SA Rugby magazine brings you the only photos of former president Nelson Mandela receiving his Springbok blazer from Jake White and John Smit.
Having been presented with a Bok jersey in 1995 and Bok cap in 2005, Madiba now has the complete collection.
The photo shoot forms part of SA Rugby magazine’s celebration of 100 Years of the Springbok. Bok legends Frik Du Preez, Naas Botha, Gary Teichmann and Smit explain what the Bok jersey means to them, while White writes an exclusive article looking ahead to the centenary Test season.
Also in the new issue of SA Rugby magazine, on sale Monday:
- BJ Botha on why he loves playing tighthead prop
- Mat Rogers on how the death of his father almost ended his career
- Why French coach Bernard Laporte doesn’t believe in game plans
- How Frank Hadden turned Scottish fortunes around
- Johan Ackermann on his Bok ambitions
- Why Os is still No 1
- New All Black captain Richie McCaw answers his critics
- All Black coach Graham Henry thinks outside of the box
- How John Connolly plans to restore Wallaby pride
- Mallett: Why Bok contracts should be centralised
- SA Super 14 wrap: the winners and losers
- At home with Frik du Preez
- Trevor Halstead: Munster marvel
- Up close and personal with Bakkies Botha
- Jeremy Mansfield’s Dream XV