Keo.co.za brings you the news from the Tri-Nations.
Sanzar dismiss Cooper appeal
Quade Cooper will play no part in the next two Tests against New Zealand after having his appeal for a ban rejected on Wednesday.
A Sanzar Appeals Committee has dismissed an appeal for the two-week suspension imposed after the Test in Brisbane last week. Cooper was suspended after being cited for a dangerous tackle.
Cooper will be eligible for selection from 9 August.
All Blacks betrayed
The Australian media have published the All Blacks’ game plan notes after Graham Henry was photographed with them at training.
The photos, which were taken by Australian-based Kiwi Scott Barbour and published in The Australian, The Age and Herald Sun, revealed the All Blacks’ tactics for the Wallabies this weekend. It shows that the All Blacks aim to target Wallabies pivot Matt Giteau and wing James O’Connor on defence and to counter openside flank David Pocock. It also revealed five separate plays and moves from scrums and lineouts.
Assistant coach Steve Hansen said the photographer has broken the trust between the All Blacks and media.
‘At the end of the day you guys and photographers come to training and there are a few unwritten rules and the photographer has breached the trust. There’s no too much we can do about it,’ Hansen told the media.
‘The good thing about it yesterday was a defensive training day so we won’t have to change our tactics too much.
‘Most of the time we get great response from people – our guys have been pretty good over the years but every now and then someone makes a mistake and you have to go away and have a talk about it. There are a whole lot of things that are going to happen on Saturday night and I don’t think one photo is going to make too much difference.’
Hansen admitted that the media attempting to capture plays on camera is an ongoing concern. Last year, the All Blacks removed a South African camera man from training in Durban after he was suspected.
‘Everyone in world rugby and world sport knows it is a concern.’