World Cup latest – Wales suspend Phillips

Keo.co.za brings you the latest World Cup news.

Wales suspend Phillips – Wales have suspended scrumhalf Mike Phillips indefinitely from their World Cup training squad due to ‘unacceptable’ behaviour.

According to reports, Phillips was photographed by the Welsh media in an altercation in the early hours of Tuesday morning.

‘We have suspended Mike Phillips on the clear evidence of a level of behaviour we regard as unacceptable,’ Wales manager Alan Phillips said. ‘It is clear there has been a breach of our disciplinary standards.’

Cardiff Blues scrumhalf Lloyd Williams has been called into the World Cup training squad as a replacement and will report for duty on Monday.

ABs get RWC Twitter ban – All Blacks head coach Graham Henry has revealed that his players are not allowed to go on Twitter during the World Cup.

Henry confirmed this in a recent interview with Sky Sport when he was asked about the All Blacks’ Twitter policy. His reply was: ‘We haven’t had a policy up until now. We’ve just asked them to make good decisions about that and in the All Blacks camp most of the time, they’ve made good decisions. But, at Rugby World Cup time, zilch.’

All Blacks manager Darren Shand confirmed that the initiative was driven by the senior players.

There are several All Blacks that are are keen Twitter users. Fullback Cory Jane and prop Neemia Tialata were in trouble with All Blacks management during the end-of-year tour last year when they tweeted they were dropped from the side to face England a day before the team announcement.

At the time Henry said: ‘I had to find out what bloody Twitter was. I thought it was a new guy playing five-eighth for England.’